$1,000 Deadline Date
April 16 Awards Available
Title COLAGE Lee Dubin Scholarship
Contact Ember Cook
Address 3543 18th st #1
San Francisco, CA 94110
Due Date April 16
Awards Available See Description
Description COLAGE and the Family Pride Coalition are pleased to announce the Eleventh Annual Lee Dubin Scholarship Fund for people with lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender parents.
For the eleventh year, COLAGE and Family Pride Coalition will be offering four to five $1000 scholarships to support the undergraduate studies of students with LGBT parents. The application deadline is April 16th.
COLAGE (Children Of Lesbians And Gays Everywhere) and the Family Pride Coalition will be awarding at least four scholarships to children of LGBT parents through their collaborative Lee Dubin Scholarship Fund. Each scholarship will provide up to $1000 of funding for undergraduate college students who have demonstrated ability and commitment to affecting change in the LGBT community and the community at large.
Some of the most powerful members of the LGBT community are the children of LGBT parents who have grown up being nurtured and supported by this community and are now part of a whole generation of people who have the power to create dramatic change in the world. Through college scholarships we aim to honor this power and celebrate the unique experiences and achievements of our families.
The Lee Dubin Scholarship is named in honor of a gay father and founder of the Family Pride Coalition. To date over $20,000 in funds have been distributed. We are especially seeking to honor students who are actively working to combat homophobia and increase positive awareness of LGBT families to apply. We also strongly encourage applications from individuals with demonstrated financial need.
* 4-5 grants of $1000 each will be awarded.
* Awards will be granted by the Scholarship Committee which is made up of volunteers who are LGBT parents and children of LGBT parents.
* The sponsoring organizations would like to encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. COLAGE and the Family Pride Coalition do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, physical ability, class, sexual orientation, age, gender, or type of LGBT family.
* People who are active community participants are encouraged to apply.
* Board or staff members, and their family members are not eligible.
* Applicants are encouraged to be willing to be named publicly in association with the Family Pride Coalition, COLAGE and the Lee Dubin Scholarship.
* Applicants with demonstrated economic need are encouraged to apply.
*Have one or more lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender parent(s).
*Be enrolled in an accredited postsecondary institution. No graduate level or higher applicants please.
*Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0.
The application is available online at http://www.colage.org/scholarship.html
Contact COLAGE (Children of Lesbians and Gays Everywhere) via phone: 415-861-KIDS (5437) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. This application is also available at http://www.colage.org/scholarship.html